Flat Roof Replacement
At Seamless Building Systems (SBS), we specialize in roof restoration. Our goal is to extend the life of the roof by restoring it, not replacing it. Sometimes this is not possible, so if that is the case, we are also experts in finding the right solution for your replacement.
Commercial buildings that have a low slope roof takes a much different approach than a residential roof installation. Flat roofs require a durable material, such as Ethylene Propylene Diene Terpolymer (EPDM) rubber or Thermoplastic Polyolefin (TPO). These types of roofs also need an experienced installer. Seamless Building Systems has the experience and skills to complete your EPDM or TPO roof project to the highest quality standards. Our depth of knowledge means we consider the details, like proper surface preparation, unique shapes and applications, and proper edge bonding, at the start of the project. Proper planning means we deliver a superior installation and the right product for the job.
- An EPDM rubber roof membrane is an extremely durable roofing material. Its two primary ingredients, ethylene and propylene, are derived from oil and natural gas. Available in black and white and in a variety of sizes and installation types, EPDM has proven to be the go-to material for commercial flat roofs.
- TPO is also an extremely durable single ply system that allows ponding water within most roofing warranties. This product is a great replacement product and comes in white. Properly installed and maintained roofs can deliver long life, and after over 40 years of usage in commercial applications, single ply systems continue to perform well even on installations dating back to the 1970s. Over the years, new innovations have been added to the material, such as seam tapes replacing liquid adhesives and super-durable 90 mil thicknesses. These new innovations have only strengthened single ply roofs as the material of choice in commercial applications.
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC (CPA)) Flat Roofing: PVC is a thermoplastic membrane utilizing a reinforcement scrim between the two plies of equal thickness. The top ply contains Cool Roof pigments, UV stabilizers, and other components to extend the membrane’s life. The bottom ply contains PVC ingredients to provide consistent weld of top and bottom plies and fillers. The material warranty period is up to 25 years on a commercial roof, while it is a lifetime warranty on residential roofs. The life expectancy of a PVC roof system is more than 30 years.
- Thermoplastic Olefin (TPO) Roof: TPO is a thermoplastic membrane utilizing a reinforcement scrim between the two plies – 35%/65% thickness for top and bottom ply respectively. The top ply contains Cool Roof pigments, UV stabilizers, and other components to extend the membrane’s life, while the bottom ply contains TPO ingredients to provide consistent weld of top and bottom plies and fillers. The material warranty period is up to 25 years, as the TPO roof system life expectancy is 22-30 years.
- Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer Rubber Roof Material: A rubber-like black membrane, it is usually non-reinforced. The most common application method is a fully adhered (glued down) membrane with glued seams and flashings. The material warranty period is up to 40 years and life expectancy of the Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer roof system is 22-35 years. Although the material warranty may be up to 40 years for some manufacturers, it does not cover seams. Failing seams are the main cause of Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer roof leaks followed by ponding water, for which there is no warranty.
SBS crews are trained to install all major types and brands of commercial roofing materials. Having quality products installed by skilled professionals will ensure that your roof replacement will be completed on time in the most cost-effective and efficient manner possible. We will also work with you on the best ways to maintain your new roof to get the maximum life out of the materials.
Doing a flat roof replacement can be disruptive to your business and our priority to make the process flow seamlessly. We coordinate delivery of materials and the work schedule to all you and your employees to run your business with minimal interruption.
If we cannot restore your roof, we will work with you to find the best solution replace it.